10.23.2010

GF Cake Doughnuts

My little guy asked me this morning for doughnuts!  Ok, I can try that one. Here goes:


2 c sifted GF all purpose flour
3/4 c granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder, aluminum free
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
3/4 c buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbs butter,  unsalted & melted


Preheat oven 425°F.  Lightly spray doughnut pan with non-stick oil.


Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, xanthum gum, nutmeg and salt into large mixing bowl.  Add buttermilk, eggs and butter.  Mix until just combined.  Fill doughnut molds, 2/3 full.


Bake 9 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned and spring back when touched.  Let cool in pan a few minutes, and release onto cooling rack.  


Dust with powdered sugar, or if feeling a little decadent - glaze with chocolate!


Chocolate Glaze
1/4 c semisweet chocolate chips (I prefer Guittard)
1 Tbs butter, unsalted
1 Tbs corn syrup
1 tsp hot water


Melt chocolate chips with butter and corn syrup (either in microwave at half power or in bowl over hot water on stovetop).  Stir frequently until all melted, and stir in hot water until desired consistency. Use immediately to glaze doughnuts.


Really yummy!  My doughnut pan only holds 6, so I thought that I would try something different with the second batch.  I mashed one half banana and mixed it into the batter.  Baked it the same.  It was even better and my boys all loved fresh hot doughnuts!


Enjoy!
Carolyne

Note:  I used King Arthur Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour in this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment